We’re excited to announce the launch of our new ELA 7 and Pre-Algebra courses designed primarily for seventh grade students. The availability of these new courses rounds out our middle school math and English offerings for grades 5-8. It also allows us to offer a new ISEE Middle Level Advanced package, which bundles our ISEE Middle Level test prep course with ELA 7, and Pre-Algebra for unparalleled levels of practice for the popular private middle school admissions test.
School may be out for the summer, but we are hard at work preparing new courses and app features for the fall. Our content team remains on track to launch 9th and 10th grade English plus Geometry and Pre-Calculus by fall. Our engineers are preparing to take Piqosity 2.0 online, which features an updated user interface, new features, and improved performance.
By the start of the new school year, Piqosity will be the web’s leading e-learning platform for peer-normed, personalized math and English enrichment and remediation plus test prep for the ACT, SAT, and ISEE.
Registration for Piqosity’s premium courses takes less than 30 seconds and does not require a credit card. Join for FREE at the Community level, which includes access to a diagnostic test and limited practice material. Full course access starts at just $89, and tutors and teachers can save more than 50% when purchasing on behalf of their classes.
Improve 7th Grade Reading and Writing Skills
We designed the new ELA 7 course to help 7th grade students with both enrichment and remediation. This course heavily emphasizes improving reading skills through a diverse group of texts. We estimate that most 7th grade students will take between 30 and 40 hours to fully work through this material:
- Lessons on Reading & Writing Skills (30+ lessons)
- Close Reading Passage Practice Units (50+ passages)
- Full-Length Novel Walk-Throughs Units (2 novels)
Aligned to Common Core standards, the course is further divided into six genre-specific units:
- Unit 1 – Short Stories (16 stories at launch)
- Unit 2 – Informational Texts (16 texts)
- Unit 3 – Inquiry Topics (4 texts)
- Novel 1 – A Midsummer Night’s Dream (5 Acts)
- Novel 2.1 – Little Women – Part 1 (23 chapters)
- Novel 2.2 – Little Women – Part 2 (23 chapters)
This content can occupy sixth grade students for a full academic year and is equivalent to 5 typical classroom books: Writing Handbook, Reading Manual, Anthology, Classic Novel 1, and Classic Novel 2.
Piqosity’s modular content is personalizable and can easily be spaced out across weekly study sessions:
- Study lessons sequentially by skill or only reference as-needed
- Work passages sequentially by genre or randomly as interest allows
- Read novels in their entirety from start to finish, pausing to work chapter-specific questions
Learn More About How to Use Piqosity’s English Language Arts (ELA) Courses
- Quick Start Guide to Improving Reading and Writing Skills with Piqosity
- Navigation Guide to Piqosity’s ELA Courses
Pre-Algebra Math Course
Our new Pre-Algebra course is targeted primarily at 7th grade students for enrichment, remediation, and test prep. Aligned to both Common Core and Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), the course is divided into 4 primary units:
- The Number System
- Expressions and Equations
At launch, there are currently 34 instructional lessons and nearly 1300 practice questions, which we think will take most 7th grade students about 40 hours to complete; this works out to a little over an hour of extra weekly practice in a standard 35-week school year.
Innovative Platform Features
These new seventh grade math and English courses are built on top of the same innovative and flexible platform as our ISEE, ACT, and SAT test prep:
Piqosity’s key platform features include:
Built for Tutors and Teachers
We built Piqosity not only to be user friendly for parents and students at home but also for the advanced needs of tutors and teachers. Key features for educators include:
- Student management including the ability to see everything the student sees
- Automatic scoring and analysis of all student work
- Assignments with due dates
- Custom Branding (tutoring companies and schools)
- Ability to upload your own questions and lessons
Since this winter, we have opened up our platform to enable any qualified educator to upload their own instructional content to Piqosity. This means that educators are able to create their own lessons and questions. They can share this content with all users or limit it to their own students.
A Mission to Rethink Education
Piqosity (pique + curiosity) is a Houston-based education technology startup on a mission to rethink education. One product launch at a time, we are on a journey to democratize education publishing and personalize student learning.